Home Insurance in Louisiana
Home insurance keeps the structure of your home and property protected. We offer home insurance here at MultiSurance in New Orleans, LA. If your home becomes damaged following a covered event, your policy will pay to repair or replace the damage. Without insurance, you will be responsible for paying out of pocket for all expenses. Our agents will assist you in finding a policy that meets your needs.
Home Insurance Requirements
Home insurance is not legally required in the state of Louisiana. However, a mortgage lender can require you to purchase a policy as a part of your mortgage agreement.
Home Insurance Coverage
Home insurance covers things such as:
- Weight of snow, ice, or sleet
- And more
Types of Home Insurance Coverage:
- Dwelling- If you need help paying to repair or rebuild your home following damage, this will help you.
- Personal property- If your personal items become destroyed or damaged, this will cover repairing or replacing them. Personal items include clothes, furniture, sporting goods, and more.
- Other structures- This will help cover damage to any detached structures in your home, such as sheds, fences, and detached garages.
- Loss of use- If you cannot live in your home while it is being rebuilt, this will temporarily pay for your living expenses, including hotel stays and restaurant meals.
- Liability- This keeps you protected if you are ever sued. It covers your legal fees for property damage and injuries that you cause to another person.
You can also add any of the following additional coverage options to your policy:
- Special personal property coverage
- Identity fraud
- Jewelry and valuable items
- Contents replacement cost
- Water backup and sump pump discharge
MultiSurance offers warranty insurance products that covers interior items of the home such as appliances, plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
To receive a quote for home insurance, give us a call here at MultiSurance. We are located in New Orleans, LA.